Saturday, April 23, 2011

Natural Diverticulitis Treatment

Natural treatment for the digestive disorder is surely growing. While diverticulitis has typically been treated with traditional medicines and a number of methods ranging from antibiotics, a diverticulitis diet and surgery,  depending on the severity, many patients are now turning to holistic and natural diverticulitis treatment.

You should consult with a doctor about your diverticulitis treatment. Your diet changes throughout the phases of the treatment and it is important to be aware of the nuances of the diverticulitis diet in order for it be effective.

5 Natural Diverticulitis Treatments:


  1. Consume ALOT of Liquids-water softens the soluble fiber and reduces stress on the colon. Its very important for aiding digestion.
  2. Exercise-There is a known connection between the lack of exercise and the diagnosis of diverticulitis. The more vigorous the exercise, the less the risk. Get on that treadmill!
  3. Avoid foods with seeds and skins. Seeds from fruits and breads can get trapped in the little pouches (diverticula) that line the colon wall. Skin from fruit and vegetables is high in unsoluble fiber and hard to digest.
  4. Avoid high sodium diets. This includes snack foods and prepared foods. Remember, you wanted to keep hydrated
  5. Eat Slowly-Eating slowly will actually aid the digestive process and the diverticulitis treatment

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this article, I had a recurrence of diverticulitis 4 years after surgery and now doing well after changing my eating habits...eating *lots* of vegetables, bought a 64-oz Tupperware water container that I fill with warm water and finish every day, taking a super pro-biotic supplement, and avoiding sugar and salt and meat as well. I see a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some cases, when diverticulitis is severe, it is advised to be treated with surgery or antibiotics. Here are some recommended foods for a diverticulitis diet. Whole wheat breads, grains, oatmea and cereals as well as brown rice, wheat germ and pastas are recommended foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have reoccuring diverticulitis. I have changed my eating habbits and went turned to alternative health foods. The one product that has really seemed to help me is Ampfloracel. It has at the very least decreased the amount of flare ups that I get. If you are open to trying new things you might want to try this.Like I said though it did require me to rethink my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting discussion. As a former diverticulitis sufferer, I know how frustrating it can be to find answers. Just wanted to share a link that helped me out a lot when I was struggling to get better:

    http://www.diverticulitisnomore.com/

    Best of luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative information posted here by all the people but I was wondering lately that why we only have this diseases in only 8 countries with maximum 90 % of patients.
    And I was doing a research for my medical papers when I found that 200 other countries do not have this diseases and then after having searched over the intertnet about this I was very much convinved what Mike Hohlweg is telling about this: that it is our food that we eat each day, he has done extensive research and advised a very comprehensive diet for this painful diseases. He has a website it is https://diverticulitispainfreefoods.com/home.

    ReplyDelete