Thursday, June 9, 2011

Information About Diverticulitis and Some Diverticulitis Treatment Options


Diverticula are
small pockets in the lining of the intestines that project through the muscle tissue of the intestinal wall. These pouches produce no pain as well as other symptoms except if they become inflamed or contaminated. When a diverticular pocket and the surrounding tissue become irritated, the disorder is referred to as diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is caused when undigested food or fecal matter lodges in the pouch, which in turn causes discomfort. This compromises the circulation of blood to this particular area helping to make the area vunerable to an invasion by bacteria. This hinders the bowels capacity to remove waste which results in constipation, diarrhea, and cramps.Research indicates that diverticulitis run in families, however it is most widespread among aged population, whose intestinal lining begins to weaken. Scientists also have found that eating habits plays an important role as people who eat a reduced fiber diet plan are at an in increased chance of developing the condition. Fiber is vital to curbing this disorder. During an episode of diverticulitis, a health care provider may recommend a low fiber diet plan until the disorder is under control. Water is also critical and a minimum of eight 8 ounce glasses of quality water daily ought to be consumed. Natural and organic teas, broth, and fresh juices can also be beneficial. Liquid helps to reduce toxic waste buildup, which leads to inflammation.
Once identified, detecting diverticular disorder can be affirmed by an assortment of tests. Barium X-rays can be performed to visualize the colon. Diverticula are located as barium filled pouches sticking out in the colon wall. Direct visualization of the intestine is possible with flexible tubes inserted through the rectum and advanced into your colon. Either short tubes, called sigmoidoscopes, or longer tubes, called colonoscopes, could be used to aid in the identification and also to rule out other illnesses that can mimic diverticular disease. In individuals suspected of having diverticular abscesses, causing chronic discomfort and fever, ultrasound examination and CT scan examinations of your abdomen and pelvis can be done to discover collections of pus fluid.

Many
people with diverticulosis have minimal or no symptoms and do not require any specific treatment. A high fiber diet regime and fiber supplements are advisable to prevent constipation and also the development of more diverticula. Patients with mild symptoms of bloating or abdominal pain may benefit from anti-spasmodic medicines. Some physicians also recommend avoidance of corn, nuts, and seeds to avoid complications of diverticulosis. It continues to be uncertain as to whether these kind of diet constraints are beneficial or not.

Diverticulitis
that doesn't respond to either medical or alternative treatment requires surgical intervention. Surgery normally involves drainage of any collections of pus and resection of that segment of your colon that contains the diverticuli, usually your sigmoid colon. Surgical removal of the hemorrhaging diverticula is needed for anyone with persistent bleeding. In individuals needing surgery to stop persistent bleeding, exact localization becomes vital to guide the doctor. Diverticula can sometimes erode into the nearby bladder, leading to many recurrent urine infections and passage of gas while urinating. This is another situation which would require surgery.

This
web site is about the digestive illness Diverticulitis. You can learn about important information about the illness, diverticulitis treatment, diverticulitis symptoms, diverticulitis foods to avoid and diverticulitis diets.

7 comments:

  1. Chamomile, Peppermint, Marshmallow Leaves and Wild Yam Root are compounds that can be found on teas, this are proven to help cure diverticulitis. It has been tried by thousands of sufferers and continues to be a popular blend with amazing results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great info. I suffered from diverticulitis for many years and this is the type of advice that really helped me to overcome my problem. So, to all you sufferers, YES! There is hope! Just don't lose faith and know that your body can heal itself. I was lucky to find some great plans that helped me heal my intestines, reverse my diverticulitis, and get better. Here is one of the resources that helped me a lot: http://www.diverticulitisnomore.com/diverticulitis.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'd talk about my experience of having Diverticulitis. This info might help someone someday so I hope you read on, although it is not an easy subject.

    I thought it might help someone if I wrote up part of my experience of having Diverticulitis. Mostly, I believe a laxative like Miralax is most helpful and the doctors say fiber is very important too.

    Most of the doctors and health care people I met with at the doctor’s office and urgent care facility didn’t know beans about my condition. That was, I thought, a serious problem. So, I thought I’d write a few things down which may benefit someone else someday.

    Now days they seem to think that fiber will help soften up the stool and lots of fruit and vegetables can help cut down on the effects of lots of fast food and red meat. I believe the grease in fast foods is bad for you and too much red meat is very hard on the colon too.

    If you start having very dark brown and hard stools it can lead to a colon infection.

    They generally do a CAT scan of the colon but if they don’t have you drink the barium contrasting solution before the scan they won’t be able to see how the infection has gotten into the fat layers of the abdomen. If they can’t actually see an infection they are just guessing about the problem and that may not be helpful, as I got two regiments of antibiotics over the course of a month and a half and I may have only needed one dose. I believe that cause a lot of problems for me.

    My bout of diverticulitis left me with some damage in my colon and some restriction which has led to my suffering from constipation and that is sickening and difficult thing to deal with. Miralax seems to be the answer for me. Taking a mild laxative keeps the stool in the colon soft and pliable and easier to pass. Fiber just seems to get me plugged up and then a strong laxative is necessary.

    I thought many people should know that mild laxatives can be a good, gentle way to avoid having hard dark hard stool or other problems having a bowel movement. Especially if you get constipated regular. Miralax works for me and is easy on the system but can take overnight to work.

    I hope this information may be helpful to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had at least 5 attacks. No obvious correlation to food types eaten. Took the antibiotics each time. I felt terrible each time during the treatment and they devastated my gut. I had to re-build my guy bacteria each time with probiotics and different food types. At the last attack I decided I couldn't do that any more and consulted a doctor for a surgical solution. I consulted a surgeon that was successfully used by my friend. They were going to use the surgery robot to resect at least 1 foot either side of the infection, to make sure it was gone. After some trepidation I decided to seek a natural solution. Of course many of these natural solutions are unproven hearsay. Nevertheless, I went for it. I took big doses of apple cider vinegar, ginger solution, turmeric, Aloe Vera solution, and activated charcoal in ginger lemon and coconut. Over the next three days the extreme pain in my side diminished. I had relief. I have not had an attack or side pain indicating infection for over a year. I continue to take a small dose, 1.7 fl oz, of apple cider vinegar every few weeks, and occasionally ginger in juice and the activated charcoal in solution. I am not a salesman for any of these things. Just giving my personal experience, it may help others. I feel so much better than taking antibiotics, and/or surgery. I can't say I know it will work for you but I feel it is worth a try. Sincerely, MG

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me the support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guidelines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/www.drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetes,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp, Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete